We assist clients in dealing with any deficiency in tax assessments made by the Romanian tax authorities or mitigate the possibilities of adverse assessments by the authorities for clients in the process of a tax audit. Our services are based on the extensive expertise gained by our team in dealing with the Romanian tax authorities in such matters, as well as on our long term relationship with the Romanian tax authorities.
Our tax team can guide you throughout the entire tax audit process and liaise directly with the Romanian tax authorities on your behalf, to ensure that the tax audit is conducted in a proper manner and that additionally assessed taxes, interest and penalties are as low as possible.
Our tax audit support services include inter-alia:
- Legal analysis and factual investigation of the tax areas concerned;
- Independent assessment of the tax status of our clients prior to investigation, in order to identify in advance any areas of potential risk;
- Prepare and formulate our client’s position on the debated tax issues, by bringing legal arguments to defend the approach of our clients;
- Manage the tax audit process and focus on the most cost effective way to achieve the closure of the tax investigation carried out by the Romanian tax authorities, thus leaving the client’s personnel to concentrate on carrying on the normal business activities;
- Represent our clients in front of the Romanian tax authorities during the tax audit and during the final discussions with the Romanian tax inspectors in order to present the technical arguments and argue the client’s position clearly and persuasively;
- Assess the strengths and the weaknesses of our client’s approach to certain tax issues, with a view to evaluate the chances of succeeding in the event of a court trial with the Romanian tax authorities;
- Assist further in the litigation process, should the client decide to proceed on this course of action.
Tax litigation support
We support our clients in tax disputes with the Romanian tax authorities via our litigation support line of services. Based on the extensive experience gained by our team, we have successfully assisted a large number of clients on a wide range of taxation litigation areas, by drafting appeals against decisions of the Romanian tax authorities and Romanian courts of all levels and assisting our clients along the litigation process.
Tax update sessions, including up-to-date analysis of Romanian and EU tax legislation, rulings, key ECJ rulings on tax matters and other important risk areas identified in practice;Our tax litigation support services include inter-alia:
- Practical training sessions, aimed at helping clients deal with the day-to-day tax issues affecting their business;
- Tax seminars on specialised taxation or industry-related topics, such as:
- Legal analysis, factual investigation and preparation of the grounds for appeal;
- Providing the client with a completely independent assessment of the tax matters under debate;
- Preparing and formulating the client’s position;
- Preparing written appeals;
- Representing the client in front of the tax authorities and during the final discussions with the Romanian tax inspectors to argue the appeal and advocate the client’s positions clearly and persuasively;
- Assessing the strengths and the weaknesses of our client’s approach to the tax issues under debate, with a view to evaluate the chances of succeeding in the event of a court trial with the Romanian tax authorities;
- Providing seamless representation together with the client’s lawyers / litigators.